Step 1: Combine all ingredients except beef in a small bowl.
Step 2: Place beef in a shallow dish with half of the marinade, coating the beef completely. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for 1 hour to overnight.
Step 3: Heat a griddle or grill pan over medium-high heat. Lightly oil the grate so beef doesn’t stick.
Step 4: Grill beef 5-7 minutes per side for a rare-medium rare. Do not overcook the beef as it will be quite tough.
Step 5: When cooked, tent the beef loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing the beef, against the grain into thin slices.
Step 6: Serve the bavette warm with the leftover marinade spooned over the beef.
- 1-kilogram bavette (flank steak)
- 2 tablespoons iSpice World Flavors™ Chimichurri Seasoning
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 French shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, (optional)